Day 8 Experiences Ltd is the company behind The Yacht Week & The Ski Week; since our start in 2006 we have taken on board more than 50,000 guests from over 100 countries and established a truly global community of travellers from all paths of life. The head office in London, UK is run by a team of young, highly skilled and passionate individuals who puts making friends and exploring the world at the heart of everything they do. While we are just over 30 people working full-time all year, the team extends to hundreds more over the event season. The largest part of our success is down to our knowledgeable, enthusiastic and incredibly hardworking team.
Our vision is to create extraordinary experiences that spread joy, spark an appreciation for our planet and inspire curious people to become part of our global family.THE ROLE
We are looking for an exceptional Financial Accountant to be working with the day-to-day financials of our six companies in the UK, Sweden and Croatia with a total turnover of GBP 12m - GBP15m. You need strong financial accounting knowledge and you will enjoy everything from traditional bookkeeping, the organisation of event reporting during the seasons and compliance reporting. You need to be well organised and have a fantastic work ethic. Ideally you will have worked in the finance department of a small/medium sized business and appreciate the entrepreneurial spirit.
You will grow with the company and eventually assume more responsibility. We are looking for someone to join our journey and set high standards on financial reporting and understand controls and processes and who will cope with rapid growth and international expansion. This will require full dedication and passion!
IS THIS YOU?
The ideal candidate will be an experienced accountant either part qualified or relevant experience working in the travel industry. You are passionate about accounting. A highly motivated hard worker; you are not scared to dedicate time when it comes to improving the business. You can take the initiative and you can cope with a lot of pressure whilst keeping a clear mind. You are not afraid of changes and you always strive to find improvements. You never miss a deadline. You love travel and you are not a “typical accountant”.
Tasks will include but not be limited to:
- Responsible for day-to-day book keeping.
- Coordinate event expenses and analyse spending against budget across all destinations and events.
- Prepare month end balance sheet reconciliations, ensuring issues are resolved on a timely basis.
- Preparation of the Group consolidation on a monthly basis.
- Compliance reporting including ABTA reporting and VAT returns.
- Maintain and track cash flow.
- Assist with year-end procedures and communication with auditors.
- Support implementation of systems for increased control and efficiency.
- Organised and excellent attention to details.
- Passion for working in an exciting and fast-paced environment.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Business administration (accounting preferred).
- Part Qualified experience/relevant travel industry experience
- Responsible and committed to meet team goals and deadlines.
- An energetic personality with a positive attitude.
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in written and spoken English (Swedish and/or Croatian language skills are a plus).
- Driven, independent, open-minded and flexible.
- International travel will be required.
- Excellent accounting and consolidation skills.
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience of preparation of VAT returns
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
Competitive package based on qualifications and experience
We do not to sponsor Visa applications. As such all applicants must have right to live and work in the United Kingdom. Interviews will be conducted in London and applicants will be expected to attend at own expense.
The role will start as soon as a successful candidate is identified. You will be based in The Yacht Week office in London.
Join our gang in the London office and become part of one of the coolest concepts in the world right now by sending your portfolio, CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Day 8 Experiences Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Any job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.