HEAD OF TECHNOLOGY AND DEVELOPMENT
Day 8 Experiences Ltd is the company behind The Yacht Week & The Ski Week; since our start in 2006 we have taken on board more than 50,000 guests from over 100 countries and established a truly global community of travellers from all paths of life. The head office in London, UK is run by a team of young, highly skilled and passionate individuals who puts making friends and exploring the world at the heart of everything they do. While we are just over 30 people working full-time all year, the team extends to hundreds more over the event season. The largest part of our success is down to our knowledgeable, enthusiastic and incredibly hardworking team.
Our vision is to create extraordinary experiences that spread joy, spark an appreciation for our planet and inspire curious people to become part of our global family.
Day 8 is looking for a competent CTO to take the business to the next level. As our technology go-to expert, you will play an integral role in setting the company’s strategic direction, development and growth. You will be working in a dynamic and creative office, leading a team of passionate people and implementing technology solutions that meet the current and future needs of our ever-evolving company.
IS THIS YOU?
- You have the energy to keep up with a young, vibrant and motivated team.
- You are passionate about new technologies; a highly motivated hard-worker who’s not scared to dedicate time when it comes to building great products. Not only in the right way, but in a way that’s scalable for the future of the business.
- You are able to manage, develop and inspire a direct and matrix team of multiple stakeholders. You will have the responsibility for nurturing, shaping and developing core systems across all brands.
- You are a curious self-starter who has the ability to take complex concepts and make them simple, with a constant desire to ultimately make things better.
- You are someone who loves to see their team succeed.
- Lead the development and implementation of new projects for multiple brands.
- Serve as the central support function of all brands and departments for all IT processes.
- Provide sound technical leadership in all aspects of the business; helping to devise and execute brand strategy.
- Ensure all technological aspects align with our vision.
- Manage and be the leading spirit of the Development Team.
- Manage the company’s growing online sector including websites, booking funnels, mobile application, communication with 3rd party platforms via APIs, platform for yachting agencies, administration panels, staff management and all the sister brands within the parent company.
- 3+ years experience in quality development
- Experience in multitasking in a fast-paced environment
- Experience managing a team of 3 or more direct line reports
- Experience of managing various business stakeholders
- A degree in Computer Science or related subject
- Good understanding of Systems Architecture and Infrastructure
- Good database knowledge – MySQL/Mongo
- Ability to work with either the front-end or server-side with a solid knowledge in a broad range of development skills
- Excellent written and verbal English
- Experience with Symfony (PHP), JS ES6, React, SQL, Ubuntu, Node
- Experience with Linux server management (Ubuntu currently)
We do not to sponsor Visa applications. As such all applicants must have right to live and work in the United Kingdom. Interviews will be conducted in London and applicants will be expected to attend at own expense.
The role will start as soon as a successful candidate is identified. You will be based in The Yacht Week office in London.
Competitive salary + bonuses.
Join our gang in the London office and become part of one of the coolest concepts in the world right now by sending your portfolio, CV and cover letter to: email@example.com