Day 8 Experiences Ltd is the company behind The Yacht Week, The Ski Week & OH!SO. Since 2006, we have welcomed more than 80,000 guests from over 100 countries and established a truly global community of travellers from all walks of life. Our vision is to create extraordinary experiences that spread joy, spark an appreciation for our planet and inspire curious people to become part of our global family.The Role
We are looking for a passionate and effective leader to spearhead the marketing efforts across the portfolio of our brands. Someone who is keen to take on a new challenge in life, as this role is both - challenging and rewarding.
The Yacht Week and The Ski Week products create an incredible platform for world-class marketing. The two events are inherently content friendly, have already touched more than 80 000 people from all over the world and gathered an incredibly engaged and dedicated global community.
The real champion for this role will be a trooper when it comes to fighting for what’s right with our brands, have the patience of a saint when it gets tough, be a skilful storyteller, numbers’ wizz, and just generally a friendly face around the Swedish coffee filter machine. The last one’s pretty important.
The role will encompass the following...
● Brand direction – Setting the creative direction on The Yacht Week, The Ski Week and Day 8 Experiences. These brands are already synonymous with having ‘cult’ like status, but we need a fresh look at how we market to Gen Z as well as grow our audience.
● New market stimulation – Growing our European markets and leading us into new markets is key to the longevity of our brands. Having experience marketing in these regions is a highly desirable skill set.
● Content creation – Telling the story of each brand is key. We work with 50-80 photographers, filmmakers, influencers and other content creators. This role needs to manage our complex array of storytellers to make sure we are in line with all brand values and guidelines as well as the strategic direction of each brand across the platforms.
● Social media – Social media strategy is an integral part of how we tell our story, engage with existing audiences and grow in new regions, audiences and demographics. Our current core online channels are Instagram and Facebook. We are particularly keen to develop our presence on YouTube plus other emerging platforms.
● Community driven sales and engagement – This is a core growth area and has been overly complex. We have 3 main areas of focus:
o Country Managers.
Finding the right people is key as they are the face of the brand and need to personify everything we do.
● Product development – Our product is excellent with NPS scores in excess of 78. However, we do need constant innovation. How we market the product within our own content is the foundation of creating an inspiring social media ‘FOMO’.
● Emerging audiences - Gen Z is a core growth area and one that behaves and travels differently to Millennials. A separate strategy is needed to tackle this important audience.
● Digital marketing strategy – Setting the strategic direction on The Yacht Week, The Ski Week and Day 8. Integrity and growth of the brands is fundamental to the future and the Marketing and Sales Director will need to support the direction of all brands as appropriate.
● Performance marketing – How we spend our money, measure success and improve our digital performance needs to be consistent. Getting the best use of spend through working with the internal team, consultants and partners is a constant part of the role.
● Design – Front-end web design will be a core part of ensuring that our brands remain relevant and ahead of the market and our competitors. Ensuring that the various brands’ websites mirror the marketing strategy and campaigns is a core element in this process.
● Digital product management – This is a core area to ensure that all applications are filtered into the IT scrum and sprint process with the correct objectives and input. This is a process that will help to streamline the whole integration between all departments and IT as well as uphold all of the SEO implementationResponsibilities
● Leading a team of 3 direct reports and a team of 8 people.
o Head of Digital (1 Direct Report – 2 consultancy reports)
o Head of Brand and Product (7 Direct Reports)
o Digital Projects Manager (1 Direct Reports)
● Eight key stakeholders
o CEO (Direct report)
o Operations Director
o Commercial Director
o Finance Director
o Head of IT
o Day 8 Board and Founders
● Budget of £1.5m
● Delivery of budget profit and growth by brand
● Growth of audience, platforms and social following
● Development of new destinations or productsSkills
● Strategic leadership – multi-brand experience would be a plus
● Managed premium brands and experiences with a high-ticket price
● Social media marketing is essential
● Offline marketing/community marketing
● Background in brand development
If you think that you are suitable for this Marketing and Sales Director role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV & Covering Letter. Please include your current salary and work status. This role is only available to people with a valid work permit for the UK.