Quarterdeck Operations Internship
We are looking for an Operations Intern to assist the Quarterdeck management team during the busy summer months in Croatia. The applicant must have excellent attention to detail and strong communication skills. The role will be diverse and expose the individual to all aspects of The Yacht Week fleet of yachts' operations. Duties will include assisting with logistics, apparel, feedback tracking, and managing staff on site.
Location and Period
The internship period is 27th May to mid August (exact finish date flexible). Most of your time will be spent in the office based in Split, Croatia, but you will have a chance to see the wonderful sites that Croatia and TYW have to offer, and access to exclusive events located in different Croatian islands.
- Undertake weekly booking check; confirming contracts are signed and correct licenses and insurance are provided
- Manage staff apparel, flags and SIM cards
- Manage intake of new staff and ensure they are briefed
- Communicate with partners, collecting and uploading crew lists
- Track and manage staff requirements and availability
- Analyse and record guest feedback and follow up with staff
- Maintain and update staff database
- Occasional 'out of hours' phone calls etc to assist with unexpected staff or customer service support
- English as a first language preferred
- Educated to A level or equivalent
- Knowledge of Excel
- Organised and proactive
- A multi-tasker, capable to think on your feet
- A team player, willing to engage in TYW's unique social environment
This internship is based in sunny Split, Croatia with normal work hours between 9am-5pm. Please note that working days might include some weekends in the form of flexible schedule. QD will not sponsor visa applications. This is an unpaid position, QD will supply accommodation, food allowance, and a set flight stipend.
CV's and cover letters to email@example.com
Deadline: 15th March