SOCIAL MEDIA & CONTENT EXECUTIVE
Day 8 Experiences Ltd is the company behind The Yacht Week & The Ski Week; since our start in 2006 we have taken on board more than 50,000 guests from over 100 countries and established a truly global community of travellers from all paths of life. The head office in London, UK is run by a team of young, highly skilled and passionate individuals who puts making friends and exploring the world at the heart of everything they do. While we are just over 30 people working full-time all year, the team extends to hundreds more over the event season. The largest part of our success is down to our knowledgeable, enthusiastic and incredibly hardworking team.
Our vision is to create extraordinary experiences that spread joy, spark an appreciation for our planet and inspire curious people to become part of our global family.
THE ROLEAre you a creative storyteller? Are you a social media and content marketer looking for the next step in your career? Do you want to work within the travel and lifestyle industry?
We are seeking a savvy, self-starting, communications-loving executive to implement and drive our content and storytelling. As our Social Media & Content Executive, you’ll aid the expansion of our media footprint; working across LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, TikTok and other platforms to help us maintain our position as a leader in experiential travel. You’ll have strong experience in social channel management and will understand the importance of regular posting and community engagement.
You're a talented copywriter - from blogs, to website copy, to press releases and social captions, you know how to capture and engage a youth audiences online.
- Act a creative powerhouse, brainstorming ideas that you can execute across social content, blogs and video
- Manage content scheduling and publishing autonomously - leverage the right tools to manage content
- Champion on blog strategy, creating content to be discovered through social and search and bring new audiences to our websites
- Stay current with social media trends and emerging platforms and incorporate, as appropriate
- Compile weekly reports and insights with demonstrative strategic thinking
- Own and manage the social media calendar for brands and bring your creative flair and passion for originality to creating engaging content.
- Assist with PR activities as required including press releases, blog posts, media quotes, press trips and award entries
- Strong and up to date understanding of the social media marketing landscape
- An in depth understanding of how young people engage with and consume from brands online
- Proven experience in a commercial Social Media/Content role (2+ years)
- A passion for social media, with a willingness to learn and adapt to changes.
- Excellent written English and a flare for creating exciting content
- Strategic thinker, grasps complex ideas quickly and applies strategy consistently
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously
- Self-motivated with a positive, can-do attitude, and a high level of accountability
- Excellent time management skills
- Other languages a plus, but not essential
- Content creation skills are a plus
All applicants must have right to live and work in the United Kingdom. Interviews will be conducted in London and applicants will be expected to attend at own expense.
The role will start as soon as a successful candidate is identified. You will be based in the Day 8 office in London.
Join our gang in the London office and become part of one of the coolest concepts in the world right now by sending your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Day 8 Experiences Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Any job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.